- The University of Maryland School of Law - J. of Bus. & Tech. Law Symposium entitled
The New Private Ordering of IP: The Emergence of Contracts as the Drivers of IP Rights -
published transcripts of
(eBay v. MercExchange & Quanta Computer v. LG Eectronics - Andrew
Beckerman-Rodau, F. Scott Kieff, Lawrence Sung & Thomas Woolston) and
(MedImmune v. Genetech - Kelly Casey, Gregory Castanias & Franklin
- Keynote lunch presentation at the New England Consortium of Legal Writing Teachers conference at Suffolk
University Law School entitled "The pedagogy of teaching through technology", December/1/2008
- Presentation entitled "Teaching with Blackboard" as part of the Suffolk University Center for Teaching
Excellence new faculty orientation, Aug/27/08
- What is Intellectual Property - a podcast presentation
- An Overview of the Suffolk University Law School Patent Law Specialization Program - a podcast presentation
- Invited to present a lecture entitled "The Attack on Intellectual Property Law - Is it
Justified?" as part of the Clason Lecture Series at Western New England College School of Law,
- Presentation at the annual CALI Conference entitled "A Faculty Member's Perspective on the
Use of Technology in Legal Education - Is it Time to Pull the Plug on Technology Investment?",
- Presenter, Suffolk University, Center for Teaching Excllence program on academic plagiarism
- Presentation, Suffolk University, Center for Teaching Excellence presentation entitled "The Use
& Abuse of Power Points in Teaching"
- Presenter, NYC Bar Association & Suffolk University Law School jointly sponsored program on ethical issues
raised by use of digital data in the practice of law
- Presenter, AALS annual conference, Section on Teaching Methods program entitled "The How
Tos & Whys: Exploring the Consequences of our Pedagogical Choices"
- Presenter, AALS annual conference, Section on CLE program entitled "Writing for
Credit - Converting CLE Materials into Published Works & Vice Versa"
- Chair/presenter, Suffolk Law School Advanced Legal Studies program entitled "PC 101"
- Presenter, CALI conference presentation entitled "Teaching with technology"
- Presenter, Gonzaga Law School Institute for Law School
Teaching conference on law school teaching methodology
- Chair/Moderator, Suffolk Law School Advanced Legal Studies Patent Law program on Nanotechnology
- Invited speaker at ABA Legal Education Section program entitled "Pedagogy to Practice:
Maximizing Legal Education with Technology" at Rutgers-Newark Law School
- An Introduction to Copyright Law presented to the Association of Boston Law Librarians
- Chair/presenter, Suffolk Law School Advanced Legal Studies program entitled "Intellectual Property
- Discussion leader for Young President's Organization program at Suffolk Law
School - "Should organ selling be legal?"
- An Introduction to Copyright Law for Academics presented as part of a faculty development
program devoted to the use of technology in teaching
- Presentation on U.S. property law to Suffolk Law School foreign LLM students
- Faculty colloquium presentation at Suffolk Law School on the "Risks of Using Technology"
- Moderator, Suffolk Law School Advanced Legal Studies program entitled "Forecasting the Future of Copyright"
- Moderator, Suffolk Law School Intellectual Property Concentration annual symposium
entitled "Sophisticated Licensing Issues"
- Chair/presenter, Suffolk Law School Intellectual Property Concentration annual
symposium entitled "Trade Secrets Law" featuring Roger Milgrim
- Speaker, Perkins, Elmer & Cohen, LLP program on training IP attorneys for the modern
legal environment - presentation on choosing between patent & trade secrets protection
- An Introduction to Intellectual Property Law presented at Northeastern University Law
- Speaker, Suffolk Law School Alumni program on careers in Intellectual Property law
- Chair/presenter, Suffolk Law School Advanced Legal Studies program on copyright law
featuring Professor Paul Goldstein
- Speaker, Digital Automation Annual Conference for software/hardware engineers - presentation &
panel discussion on patent law
- Participant, Suffolk Law School Faculty Symposium on Technology and Teaching - panel
discussion on the use of technology in teaching
- Presentation, "Use of the First Amendment to Attack Trade Secrets and other
Intellectual Property" to the AIPLA Trade Secret Committee at the annual AIPLA conference
- Faculty colloquium presentation at Suffolk Law School on the Interaction of the First
Amendment and Intellectual Property Rights
- Chair/moderator, Suffolk Law School Intellectual Property Concentration annual
symposium entitled "Resolving Patent Disputes"
- Presentation on Patent law to the Suffolk Law School Student Intellectual Property Law
- Faculty colloquium presentation at Suffolk Law School on Copyright & the Internet
- Presentation, Ohio Northern University, "Careers in Intellectual Property Law for current and
prospective law students"
- Presentation, Ohio Northern University, American Society of Civil Engineers Student Chapter,
"The Interrelationship between Law and Technology"
- Presentation, Ohio Northern University College of Law School, Faculty Development Committee, "Creating and
evaluating law school examinations"
- Participant, Panel discussion on ADR sponsored jointly by the ABA and Ohio Northern
University College of Law
- Participant, Panel discussion on being an associate in a firm sponsored by the Ohio Northern
University College of Law Placement Office
- Presented Ohio Northern University Placement Office program to law students entitled "How to
Hustle for a Law Job"
- Present annual legal ethics presentation to incoming law class as part of Ohio Northern
University College of Law first year law student orientation program
- Prepared materials for
and presented a four day program in Kiev, Ukraine on Patent, Trade Secret and Trademark law. The
program was presented to judges of the Ukrainian Higher Arbitration Court. It was sponsored
jointly by the Ohio Supreme Court and the Ukrainian Supreme Court in conjunction
with USAID in Kiev.
- Presentor, Hancock County Law Library Association, Findlay, Ohio, program entitled "Selecting
a business association"
- Speech, delivered
November 8, 1995 during the Ohio Northern University Weekly Chapel Service following the assassination of Israeli Prime Minister Yitzhak Rabin
- An Introduction to Copyright Law for Academics presented at Ohio Northern